Employment Programs - Commercial Cooking Training – The Culinary Edge
Home | Employment Programs | Commercial Cooking Training – The Culinary Edge
The Culinary Edge Employment Training Program
This program equips participants with the skills required to enter a Canadian commercial kitchen for the first time.
What is taught in this program?
- Commercial food preparation
- From scratch cooking and baking
- Common commercial cooking methods
- Cooking for individuals with allergies
- Producing large quantity food products according to customer specifications
- Knife skills
- Food safety
- Kitchen safety and sanitation
- English for employment, kitchen and team communication
- Employment skills professionalism,
- Job search and interview skills
- Team work and Canadian kitchen culture
- Chef / Employer / Customer expectations
What to expect
- This is a 2–3 month training program.
- This program is run 3 times a year. Contact us at any time to be added to the participant waiting list.
- Graduates will receive English language classes, employment services, CPR/First Aid training and certificate, and Manitoba Food Handlers training and certificate.
- Permanent Resident Women
- Actively looking for employment
- Canadian Language Benchmark of 3+ (Can read, write and converse in English)
- Able to attend full time for the entire training period
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Willing to wear a uniform
To learn more about this employment training, please call our office at 204 943 8539.